Advantages of vermicompost
- 1. Vermicompost is rich in all essential plant nutrients.
- 2. Provides excellent effect on overall plant growth, encourages the growth of new shoots / leaves and improves the quality and shelf life of the produce.
- 3. Vermicompost is free flowing, easy to apply, handle and store and does not have bad odour.
- 4. It improves soil structure, texture, aeration, and water holding capacity and prevents soil erosion.
- 5. Vermicompost is rich in beneficial micro flora such as a fixers, P- solubilizers, cellulose decomposing micro-flora etc in addition to improve soil environment.
- 6. Vermicompost contains earthworm cocoons and increases the population and activity of earthworm in the soil.
- 7. It neutralizes the soil protection.
- 8. It prevents nutrient losses and increases the use efficiency of chemical fertilizers.
- 9. Vermicompost is free from pathogens, toxic elements, weed seeds etc.
- 10. Vermicompost minimizes the incidence of pest and diseases.
- 11. It enhances the decomposition of organic matter in soil.
- 12. It contains valuable vitamins, enzymes and hormones like auxins, gibberellins etc.